Partner - Rob Lowe
Lease Back Partners
1204 Sunset Avenue
Nokomis, FL 34275
Rob is a Partner and Founder of Lease Back Partners LLC ("LBP") founded in 1993 and its international arm LBG Global Funding ("LBG").
LBP recently created Motion Picture Capital Partners ("MPCP") to raise funds for film production. MPCP created a new firm- Clearly Entertainment- with Clear Slate Films and Fortune Five Entertainment. Clearly Entertainment is producing independent feature films and related media- www.ClearlyEnt.com.
LBP utilizes specialized purchase programs to acquire triple-net leased properties, life settlements and investments in the renewable energy sector.
LBG/LBP advises and structures sale lease backs and arranges finance for sovereigns, corporations and financial institutions. LBG has worked with sovereigns and corporations in India, Turkey, Russia, Mexico, Netherlands, UK, Aruba and China. LBG and its partners are experienced in asset backed securitizations & bonds, Islamic Lease Certificates (Sukuk), Islamic Real Estate Securitization and hybrid conventional and/or Islamic transactions.
The firm is working closely in life settlement arena and renewable energy related opportunities, carbon credits, structuring of energy assets and raising funds for film with principal protection hedge.
Rob is also a principal with Goldberg, Allen, Lane & Lothrop, Inc. in the proprietary Sale Lease Back/Plus™ structure to provide tax benefits for corporations in off-balance sheet sale of strategic real estate assets with future residual value plays.
In 2003 Rob worked with the Republic of Turkey and CIMB to create a Sharia-compliant approved financial structure to also be sold conventionally. The parties worked directly with the Treasury and its legal department to structure within the legal framework of the sovereign creating a vehicle to reduce spreads and interest rates. Rob also advised a major Chinese company to structure a debt and equity raise for a joint venture with a US entertainment company. Following are a few of his assignments:
- Mandated by CITIC (largest conglomerate in China) to structure and raise $250 million for development and entertainment business
- Joint Venture (“JV”) with CIMB Group (Malaysia) structured an Islamic compliant structure for Turkish Treasury to raise $2 billion plus
- JV mandate with Blue Liaison for Fundacion Cas pa Comunidad Arubano’s (FCCA - Aruba) to raise $180 million for the island’s social housing development, accomplished via Standard Bank and OPIC
- Created with partner Greenberg Traurig, a proprietary lease back structure for corporate strategic asset sale with ultimate return of asset at end of term on tax-free basis
- Devised hedge structure for life settlement portfolios for use with International Financial Firm for $500 million plus
- Devised property acquisition/investment risk reduction strategies utilizing settlement wraps and residual insurance
Previous to LBG, Rob founded and was former President of Equity Residential Development, a company which developed apartments, commercial and condominiums projects in Ohio.
Rob was a founding board member and former treasurer of The Academy of Greater Cincinnati, a non-profit school for gifted children. He is a volunteer with Wildlife Center of Venice (FL). Rob has a BSc in International Business (Finance) from the Ohio State University.